Word Mesh Help
How To Play (Single User)
- At the start of the game you are given seven letter tiles.
Drag the tiles to make interlocking word(s) where each word is connected to at least one other
word and no word groups are isolated (like Scrabble).
- As soon as you have used all the tiles in valid words, click the "Submit" button (or press the Enter key). The
board will then be verified that all words are valid, interconnected and that all tiles
have been used. If not, the tiles at fault will be flashed in red with appropriate message.
- If valid, the round is over and clicking the "Continue" button will start the next round.
- You are give two new tiles each round and you must then incorporate these into your word grid.
You may rearrange any of the tiles at any time to achieve this.
- If you cannot use all tiles in a round, or wish to move to the next round, click the "End Round" button.
If so, you will not score any points for that round and incur a time penalty of 30 seconds.
- There are ten rounds to the game. The last round is most important as you can score more here (see Scoring).
- Only words in the dkm WordMesh dictionary are accepted (over 170,000). No proper nouns.
- If you complete a round successfully, you score for each word formed according to the
letter value of each tile.
- If you end a round without using all tiles, you score zero for that round and have 30 seconds added
to your accumulated time.
- On the last round, even if you do not complete it successfully, you score for all valid words.
If you complete the last round successfully, you score double points.
- On the last round only, you will also score a long word bonus for each word longer than six letters.
Seven letters = 10, Eight = 20, Nine = 40, Ten = 60, Eleven = 100, Twelve = 140.
- After the last round, you score a time bonus if you complete the game in less than 5 minutes.
The bonus is one point for each second less than 5 minutes.
- You can drag the tiles in the normal way or you can click on a free square and then click the
tile you wish to place there.
- You may find you run out of space in one direction as you build your word grid. You can shift
all tiles in any direction by using the arrow keys or by clicking on the grid borders.
Watch this quick two minute video of a game.